Reading time: 4 minutes
Technological advancements in almost all fields are taking place faster than we ever imagined. With this rapid growth, the automation industry is growing significantly alongside it. The usage of automation techniques is predicted to grow exponentially in the future. The robotic process automation is one of the revolutionising inventions which aims to implement an efficient and faster method of performing repetitive and mundane tasks. RPA replaces the use of human labour with automation bots to perform these monotonous tasks to save time and increase accuracy. The robots involved in robotic process automation require prior programming, and once they are programmed, they can automatically carry out the desired functions.
Future of RPA:
The future potential for RPA is quite high. With increasing globalisation and digitisation, there is an increased demand to produce more in less time. Robots now perform most of the functions previously carried out by humans. For example, the use of washing machines, microwave ovens, vacuum cleaners, etc. was not prevalent in the last 20 years, now they have become common household items. Similarly, the use of robotic automation is becoming normalised as well.
Nowadays, there are many jobs that can easily be automated using RPA. The future scope for RPA mainly lies in the field of data entry and data rekeying jobs. All these similar series of repetitive tasks are better performed through automation. In the coming years, huge growth is observed in the field of RPA as it has a high potential to achieve technological benefits towards higher data accuracy and management.
Salaries for RPA jobs:
Developers are responsible for problem-solving and designing automations. Once the automation is ready to roll, the RPA developer also has to make sure it is producing the desired result. Therefore, an RPA developer can be anyone who has basic knowledge of Robotic Process Automation all the way to advanced users. Average salary for RPA jobs range from $ 84,000 to $ 132,000 per year.
The main three job titles in RPA are:
- Process Designer: The Process Designer undertakes the duty of understanding the current procedure and observes the changes that happen after executing the feedback during the development or testing phase.
- Automation Designer: An Automation Architect is responsible for building RPA projects.
- Production Manager: Production Manager ensures that the processes are being initiated and all the exceptions are controlled.
Companies hiring RPA people:
- Retail: For the retail sector, it helps to send notifications, shipping products, managing appointments, tracking shipments, etc.
- Health care: Patient's data entries, claims to process, billings, and other day to day tasks are carried out by RPA.
- Banking: RPA makes banking processes more efficient and faster as it ensures accuracy in data as well as its security.
- Telecommunication: Updating the customers' data, monitoring, and managing the data are some of the reasons why telecom companies make use of RPA.
- Manufacturing: In the manufacturing industry, RPA tools assist in supply chain procedures. It helps in administration, customer services, data migration, etc.
Career Scope in RPA:
There are infinite opportunities in the field of RPA. RPA is expected to show a rise in the banking sector, where the robots will carry out all transactions and calculations. It will also expand to the aircraft and automobile manufacturing industries. With the anticipated increasing demand for RPA, the online courses and training are also predicted to become widely available. According to the statistics, it is expected that the RPA market is going to reach about USD 8.75 billion by the year 2024. It has already changed the way many businesses operate and is continuing to provide benefits such as cost reduction to every business that utilises it.
If you’re interested in pursuing a course in RPA, then it is definitely worthwhile checking out WithYouWithMe Portal. Online courses are given FREE to all ex-military.